Thursday, March 11, 2010

List #9- Go to the movies



I don't go to the movies very often. To be precise, I've been three times in the last five years.
I just can't justify spending that much money to be cramped into a small dark room, eating million dollar popcorn when I could wait a month or two and watch the same movie in the comfort of my own home, eating whatever I darn well feel like eating.
The three I have been to are:  'Little Miss Sunshine' (which I LOVED) with my Mum, 'Monsters Vs. Aliens' with some of the family and then, yesterday, as a birthday treat for Aesop we went to see 'Astro Boy'.
The movie was fairly average, it had a few funny moments and it was all-in-all pretty feel good. Nothing spectacular. I definitely don't need to see it again.
But, I left feeling like it  was well worth the small fortune we forked out, to spend an hour and a half with two of my favourite boys, in the dark, eating junkfood. A true treat.

2 comments:

  1. awsome 8) i NEVER go to the movies. I managed ot go see New moon a few months ago and before that Harry Potter. The next tow i go to will probably be Eclipse and the next Harry Potter! haha. Its not only the $$$ but finding 2 hour away from the kids is impossible! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last movie I saw was Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakqual. Not my choice but not my money either. I prefer to rent DVD and blob out at home but a date night to the movies can be nice. It's all about who you're with sometimes.

    ReplyDelete