Friday, March 26, 2010

Formspring Friday.

(Totally unrelated again, I struggle with picture-less posts.)

My questions for this week:

Do you still make bonnets? Your bonnets rocked.

Thanks! Not often, I was very kindly allowed to make a few from the pattern (not mine) for craft fairs and local sales but not online. I'm planning on making myself a new, padded one for chilly mornings this winter though : )

what's your favourite thing to bake?
Fresh fig tart! oh, and choc chunk cookies, though I end up eating much more of the dough than the actual cookies.

if you were an animal, what would you be?

Right now I feel like I'd be a sloth. But Aesop says I would be a morepork (a type of owl) because I stay up so late or a dragon because I growl him so much. hahah

if you could meet any person, alive or dead, who would it be?

My 'twin' Amy. We have text nearly every day for a year and a half (or longer?) and spoken on the phone but never met!


What is your favorite food? :)

Fresh ciabatta buns with margarine, ham-off-the-bone and just a little salt and pepper. Mmmm hamwiches.

if you were in an orchestra, what instrument would you play?
I have less rhythm than a brick so as I am now no orchestra would go near me. but in another life? The trombone!

if you could go back to any age you've been before, but with the knowledge you have now, which would you choose and why?
I would love to redo high school, and focus on school work instead of who was kissing who and who wasn't talking to who. And know that frankly, nasty people are usually either jealous, insecure or just not worth thinking about!

If you were a music genre, which one would you be?

I'd be one of those indie bands with a girl and a guy singer. Or an out-of tune barbershop quartet. Does that count?

What is your favourite blog at the moment?
I'm loving craftykin (http://craftykin.blogspot.com) but also loving seeing snippets of my friend Rachels life in her new blog ( http://shelambcatrabbit.blogspot.com/ ). They are both so very talented and super inspiring.

if you had a daughter, what would you call her?
Olive Poppy Larsen. Although, as a few people have pointed out, that sounds a lot like olive oyl and popeye, and olive and poppy are both plants. I don't mind.. Olive is Abraham's nanas name and I think it would be perfect.


Do you like living in Whakatane?
It has its moments. Has taken awhile to find our 'place' and settle into a group of friends etc, but the town itself is beautiful and we plan to be here for a long time!


What's your favourite toast topping?
by Showyourworking
Margarine, natural peanut butter (ours is made in nelson), anatoths rasp jam and a sprinkle of rock salt!


Awesome. Anything you want to know, or if you just want to make me smile a little bit, the question box is on the right and I'll post all my answers for the week each Friday!

3 comments:

  1. im all warm and fuzzy inside now...

    luv amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw that's sweet of you.
    Just doing a wee bloggy catch up - I'm missing out on so much good stuff out here with being busy with sick babies etc!
    Oh and Isla's second name is Olive, I love it! It was my hubby's great grandmother's name and she was an awesome lady.

    ReplyDelete