Thursday, May 2, 2013

Presents from brubbas.



For Mol's birthday, I had an idea that it would be really cool for Aesop to make her a present. Normally, on siblings birthdays, a card is made and the present is bought. I am really keen to change this norm, and introduce more of the handmade into our gift giving.
I asked Aesop what he might like to make, and he said a teddy bear. I asked him to draw a, relatively simple, outline of the shape he would like it to be - and the picture above is what he came up with. I love the little stumpy leg.



Aesop carefully chose out the fabric, and the felt for the details. I had planned for Aesop to do the sewing himself, but we ran out of time a little so I sewed it up, and then he stuffed it with the polyfil. He was so incredibly proud of himself!



Meanwhile, Otto decided that he also needed to make Mollie a soft toy. Unfortunately for me, he didn't want to make a simple creature - he wanted to make a puppy and it had to look 'JUST like the picture, Mum!' I had just an hour up my sleeve, and things were going to be a little tight, but who could refuse a boy who made such an AWESOME puppy picture?

(Otto told me, after I had started, the black bit at the bottom of his face is a beard. Silly me, I thought it was his tongue!)



The boys were so stoked with how they turned out, they were almost bursting at the seams for Mollie to unwrap them - and as soon as she did, they grabbed them off her to show them to Abraham (and then to Mum and Dad and anyone else who would look the next day..) and they even insisted on taking them to bed that night! Haha Guess it's the thought that counts, right?





You can't see him in these pictures but, just off to the left, Otto is waiting for me to take the picture.. then he is going to swoop in and snatch the puppy back off Mollie. Poor girl! Haha.
Luckily it won't be too long before she'll be able to design a gift for Otto, which she can then refuse to actually part with!

12 comments:

  1. this is brilliant! And they are perfect Mollie sized creatures!! Before you revealed that black bit was a beard, I was thinking "she totally nailed that tongue" Well done! SUCH AN AWESOME IDEA! pin pin pin! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is the cutest thing - totally stealing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea!!! love this post to bits!!! what sweet big brothers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE them! They look awesome. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love them. bestest presents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just given me the absolute best idea ever for Georgies birthday presents from her siblings. Love it. Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, they are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome. You guys are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS is awesome! I'm totally stealing this idea when my kids are a little older! You're a super duper Mum, Rhiannon! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So stinking GORGEOUS!!!!! Your a very clever lady cuz!

    ReplyDelete