Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thrift karma.



I have been sorting through things the last few months and finally taking some long-overdue things (back) to the op shop. I have boxes still in the garage from when we moved, over a year ago, into this place. But, I am pleased to say, they are disappearing slowly.
As a result of my donations, my 'thrift karma' seems to be doing really well at the moment. I've had a bit of a dry spell for a few months, but this last week, or two, has well and truly made up for it!
Yesterday I came home with the softest crochet blanket in history, a very old, handmade golly, and two huge bags full of 100's of dollars worth of Lego Bionicles, gameboy advanced games and other boys things... all for $17!  And earlier in the week I scored the faux chucks, the trivets and some fabric for $4!
The thrift gods are smiling on me.
I'm figuring that if I take the rest of the boxes out of the garage they might keep smiling (and I'm sure Abraham will smile too!). Here's hoping!

1 comment:

  1. wow great to have you back here,love what you are making and what you made including another cute baby,hope you can stay and play for a long time, thankyou for a great blog..... no blog norma

    ReplyDelete