Monday, November 14, 2011

Pretty things - Part 3.

One of my favourite parts of any home- the kitchen.




'Leave a note'

 I don't think any table is complete without a seersucker table cloth.

 And no elderly persons home seems to be without a lollie jar! There have been Minties in this jar as far back as Abraham can remember.



 This has got to be one of my absolute favourite things in the whole house - the tea storer. The wee bottom piece measures out the tea!




How amazing are those owls?



And, in case any of you are as nosey as I am, I took a few photos of the contents of the cupboards too. I think sometimes the things that aren't on display are equally as awesome as the things that are. I'll have to do a wee extra post sometime with some of the packaging I found in the drawers too, so good.


 There was a whole cupboard full of wine and brandy from as far back as the 60's. Not sure how well sparkling wine ages, but I bet this brandy is pretty awesome.
 Index cards full of 'Handy home hints' and recipes!


3 comments:

  1. Who lives here again? This house is amazing! Funny to think that when we were younger, this would have all seemed so unappealing, and now it's like this amazing trove full of treasures! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my, I am totally speechless. Total treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Stella's right, when I was a kid I would have been like 'old stuff, boring' now I'm like 'WANT!'
    x

    ReplyDelete