Saturday, January 7, 2012

Frugal Fashion (and fringe!) Friday!



I was hoping to get this post done yesterday (which would of made it an actual Frugal Fashion Friday..) but I went round to a friends house for afternoon tea, ate way too much cake (the pregnant woman's wine..), and somehow ended not coming home until dark. Whoops!

Yesterday morning, I decided it was time to go back to black - hair, that is. I've had black hair on and off since I was 15. And every year I debate whether I'm getting too 'old' for such a harsh colour, and then decide I can probably do one more year. (I'm not sure quite why I have put an age limit on it, maybe because it reminds me so much of younger days?)
One thing I really do need to grow out of, is trimming my fringe. I'm not sure if you can really tell from the photos, but I'm terrible at it. It is always left full of steps and strays. Why oh why is it such an effort to get to the hairdressers for a (free?!) trim every few weeks?

Anywho:
Top: Farmers $29.99
Singlet: Kmart $8
Belt: The Warehouse: $19.99
Skirt: homemade from a vintage one (probably about $2)
Flats: The Warehouse $12



Thought it would be fun to take a photo of all three boys, too. Getting a good one is easier said than done though, those three are crazy. Hah.

Aesop:
Shirt: op shop $2
Shorts: Farmers $24

Otto:
Shirt: op shop (about $1)
Shorts: homemade from a pair of $1 jeans.

Abraham:
Hat: A website (maybe Giantpeach?) - More money than I would let him spend on a hat. Hah.
T-Shirt: Lower outlet store $30
Shorts: Asian clothing store- $20
Shoes: Salvation Army - $3

1 comment:

  1. You look great, I really love that outfit! And from where I'm sitting your fringe looks fine - we're always harder on ourselves, no one else probably ever notices! Cute boys of yours too! x

    ReplyDelete