Thursday, December 22, 2011

Beach weather.. finally.







The weather has been decidedly un-Summery the past few weeks. We've had a lot of rain (though not as much as some place, poor Nelson..) and most days have had a bit of a cloudy gloom to them.
This hasn't been such good timing because my sister has been home from London for the month, and was really hoping to work on her tan. Hah. Perhaps she is to blame for it all? Murphy's law and all that?
Either way, we were stoked to have a sunny afternoon this week, and spent it wandering down on the beach. The boys (and the non-pregnant adult) did a lot of running and jumping, looking for sticks, and wading in the shallows. I did a lot of waddling behind, with the camera. It was all followed up with an ice cream, and some bare-bum swinging, just the way it should be.

I'm pleased to announce that I finished all of my Christmas crafting late last week, and have all but finished the shopping, too. I have a few things left to wrap, and then I'm all set! Phew!
(Not mentioning the one gift that hasn't arrived on the courier.. hmm.. not impressed.)
In a bit of a last minute decision, we've decided to make presents for all of Abraham's side of the family that we'll see on the day, too. So I'm preparing myself for an evening of baking sweets tonight.
Wish my luck, and hopefully I'll have enough success to show you the results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment