Thursday, June 24, 2010

Recently acquired.


Firstly, two of my three goodies from Craft2.0. I must have been feeling sad because it is VERY unlike me to only come home with a few things.
The bunny, by Helen of Stripy Sock fame, was love at first sight. It was my present for Otto but, secretly, it was totally more for me.
The rosette is by Colleen of Dear Colleen. The woman is a genius, and lovely to boot! I had seen these online before heading to Wellington and knew it would be my gift to myself.
I also bought some of these pencils and a wee notebook, for Abraham, from Emma Makes. Another brilliant crafter who is as friendly as she is crafty.
Although, frankly, everyone I met/saw at Craft2.0 was delightful.. such an amazing group of people.




A few wee goodies from goodies from the op shops over the last few weeks.
They are all things to add to my 'to do something to' pile though. The wee kokeshi doll needs the sticker gloop removed from where the label was at the back, the wee case has been lined with barbie fabric which will need the be changed, and both the dresses don't quite fit. The blue one will fit by Summer, all going well, and the bottom one will, hopefully, be turned into a skirt or another style of dress for me. I just couldn't turn down that brilliant oversized pattern!



Another trip to the oppies gave me these lovelies. A wooden xylophone, that will probably find its way to my future niece or nephew that is due soon, and a rainbow of zips to make some little pouches and to use on the front of hoodies.
I picked up the frame because it was 50c and I thought I could put something or another in it. When I turned it over I saw the school pictures and smiled. I have a bit of a thing for vintage photos of strangers. We once had someone elses wedding photo hanging in our lounge, and a two albums of someones trip across the States in the early 70's on our bookcase! You can see some more photos of beautiful old strangers here and here.

4 comments:

  1. A zylophone!! I so want one but ahve never even seen a broken one at an op shop.
    It's kind of sad when photos lose their families and end up being sold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love so many things here! Awesome opshop finds, and I too love coming across old photos... It's nice to imagine the back story to each... Great craft purchases too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of gorgeous finds! I would have taken those dresses home with me too.
    My sister and I came across a wedding album from the 70's full of lovely photos and we contemplated buying it, but it made us feel a bit sad. At least those photos have a new home.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stoked you got the rosette. Best score ever.

    That second dress is the hotness. Can't wait to see that in rotation.

    Plus, spelling xylophone with a z. That's something a Mitch Hedberg fan would do. Lil Patrick Abraham will love it.

    ReplyDelete